Politics

Breitbart Threatens War: Editors Turn on Trump, Could Call for Impeachment

Last week, immediately after the ouster of Steven Bannon from the White House, one Breitbart editor tweeted a single word: War.

Now, apparently, the formerly pro-Trump news organ is preparing back up that threat with action.

According to one Breitbart source, “The Trump presidency that we fought for and won, is over.”

The site is prepared, according to the source, with plans to support efforts in the House to draft articles of impeachment should Trump abandon his nationalist campaign pledges.

The declaration is a stark turn of events in which the president’s base of support is crumbling at a dizzying pace.

Coupled with the Russia investigation and the removal of key staffers in the first six months, Trump’s staying power is increasingly in doubt.

Whether it can be salvaged and turn around before the end of the year remains to be seen.

Meanwhile the growing unrest in the fight between Antifa and the Alt-Right is pouring gasoline on the fire of an immolated presidency.

Here’s more from Washington Examiner…

The pro-Trump Breitbart News site, back under the leadership of former senior White House chief strategist Steve Bannon, is prepared to campaign for the president’s impeachment if he strays from his campaign promises, according to a new report.

An article published Sunday night in Vanity Fair quoted an anonymous Breitbart staffer as saying that the website is willing to side with House Speaker Paul Ryan, a frequent target of Breitbart, if Trump shows signs of veering from his nationalist agenda.

“We’re prepared to help Paul Ryan rally votes for impeachment,” the source said.

A source at Breitbart told the Washington Examiner¬†on Monday that Bannon’s return to the site has emboldened the staff in terms of its coverage on the administration.

Bannon resigned from his White House position last week and said in a media interview that, “The Trump presidency that we fought for and won, is over.”

You Might Also Like