Big govt, States

Fail: FBI Admits It Mishandled Tip On Florida Shooter

The FBI is not on the top of the ‘Most Popular Federal Agencies’ list these days.

And after the shooting in Florida this week, the FBI is under the microscope once again.

Director Chris Wray admitted culpability and apologized in a public letter after it was revealed the FBI had been given a tip that Nikolas Cruz was a potential shooter.

But the FBI did precisely nothing with that tip, and now 17 innocent people are dead.

Wray’s apology wasn’t enough for Florida Gov. Rick Scott who has very publicly called for Wray’s resignation.

What’s more, Sen. Marco Rubio is calling for a congressional investigation of the FBI (because one can never have too many investigations of the FBI).

So far, 2018 isn’t shaping up to be a banner year for the bureau.

Here’s more from Daily Caller…

The FBI failed to follow proper protocols after a person close to Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz called the FBI tipline to warn that Cruz had a “desire to kill people” and could carry out a school shooting, the agency said in a statement on Friday.

The agency failed to act on the tip, which came a little over a month before Cruz killed 17 people at a Parkland, Florida high school this week.

“We are still investigating the facts. I am committed to getting to the bottom of what happened in this particular matter, as well as reviewing our processes for responding to information that we receive from the public. It’s up to all Americans to be vigilant, and when members of the public contact us with concerns, we must act properly and quickly,” said FBI Director Chris Wray.

Read More...

Big govt

John Podesta: Govt Should Control Your Family Planning

If you’ve managed to forget John Podesta, don’t.

He’s a perennial operative in the Clinton political machine having served as Bill Clinton’s chief of staff, head of Hillary’s campaign and now head of the liberal Center for American Progress.

One of his pet issues as a devout uber-lib is ‘climate change’.

And among all the usual prescriptions for ending ‘global warming’, he’s proposing one that should give us pause.

Since the world has too many people exhaling carbon dioxide, we need fewer people.

Ergo, the best way to reduce population is for government to manage ‘reproductive health’.

Which of course is leftist code for abortion.

Short version: Podesta likes China’s one-child policy through forced abortion and contraception.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

John Podesta, former chief of staff for President Bill Clinton, chairman of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, and the current chair of the Center for American Progress, recently wrote an article in The Washington Post rallying all good progressives to cure the scourge of climate change by controlling the earth’s out-of-control population explosion.

In the beginning of the article he told us that his goal is to “reduce emissions, raise living standards, and build a more sustainable future” ostensibly for the masses in developing nations. (I wondered as I read this if John Podesta has raised living standards for anyone in the world. Besides being a political figure, has he actually created businesses or even built so much as a well to raise the living standards of anyone in the Third World?)

He went on to comment on how we cannot overlook the importance of “reproductive health.” He never actually defines “reproductive health” but according to Planned Parenthood and their supporters (such as Robert Reich in the following video) it includes contraceptives and abortion.

Read More...

Big govt, International

Russians Bragged About Hillary’s Influence on Uranium Deal

An FBI informant working for years with the FBI to monitor Russian criminal activity just testified before the Senate Judiciary, House Intelligence and House Oversight Committees on Wednesday…for four hours.

And in his testimony, he revealed numerous times that the Russians often bragged about how then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was securing the CIFIUS approval for the Uranium One deal which gave Russia 20% control over U.S. uranium.

And recall that that influence was secured with cash to the Clinton Foundation.

Lots of cash, as in seven figures, not counting the half million honorarium Slick Willy got for a speech.

Did the FBI do anything with that intel? Obviously not.

Here’s more from Redstate…

There is new information that Russian cash funneled to the Clintons helped secure a key deal for a corrupt Russian-owned nuclear company. Sara Carter:

An informant who spent years gathering information on the Russian energy and uranium market industry for the FBI, met staff members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, House Oversight, and House Intelligence Committees on Wednesday. He gave explosive testimony on his years as an undercover informant providing information to the FBI on Russian criminal networks operating in the United States. He also contends in his testimony, and written briefs, to the FBI that Russia attempted to hide its ongoing aid to help sustain Iran’s nuclear industry, at the time the Obama administration approved the sale of 20 percent of U.S. uranium mining rights to Russia.

The informant, William D. Campbell, is represented by that perennial TV talking head Victoria Toensing, who had this to say about his appearance yesterday:

Mr. Campbell testified for over four hours until he answered every question from three Congressional committees; the Senate Judiciary, House Oversight and House Intelligence committees.

He recounted numerous times that the Russians bragged that the Clintons’ influence in the Obama administration would ensure CIFIUS approval for Uranium One. And he was right.

Read More...

Big govt, Politics

Inspector General to Reopen Hillary Email Investigation

Are you not entertained?! No? Ok, good, because it’s about to get even more interesting in the Swamp in the coming weeks.

Russia collusion probe, FISA memo, State Department memo, move aside: it’s time to take a second look at the FBI’s so-called investigation into Hillary’s email server.

So says the Inspector General for the Department of Justice, who’s been digging around for a while with keen interest into all the unexplained details surrounding the bureau’s exoneration of Hillary Clinton.

In fact, he’s been conducting an investigation for nearly a year.

The report from which is due roughly a month from now.

And all indications are it’s going to be explosive.

So, if FISA doesn’t bring down the corrupt FBI, Hillary’s server scandal may do it.

Here’s more from The Hill…

Few people have heard of Michael Horowitz, but that’s about to change.

Horowitz, the Department of Justice (DOJ) inspector general, is an increasingly critical player in the controversy surrounding the FBI, President Trump and the Russia investigation.

With little fanfare, he has been conducting a sprawling probe of the FBI’s handling of the 2016 investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server. His full report, which could set off shockwaves, is expected by the early spring.

A political appointee in both the Bush and Obama administrations, Horowitz’s yearlong investigation already reportedly contributed to the early resignation of Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe. And his work has been felt in other ways.

Horowitz also uncovered a series of text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page that led special counsel Robert Mueller to remove Strzok from his team. Those texts have fueled accusations among GOP lawmakers that Mueller’s probe is tainted by partisanship.

Read More...

Big govt, Politics

The Aftermath: More Memo Fallout for FBI

Less than 24 hours after the controversial House FISA memo was released, it seems anyone associated either with the Democrat Party or the FBI has criticized it.

Which might be the best argument for why it should have been released.

Though only a few pages long, it packs a ton of interconnected revelations that beg further explanation…and further investigation.

One of the most interesting details to emerge is that the FBI used a Yahoo News article in addition to the ‘salacious’ dossier as evidence for the request for a FISA warrant on the Trump campaign.

But the Yahoo story was pitched by Fusion GPS and was based on claims in the dossier the FBI knew to be both paid for by the DNC and entirely unsubstantiated.

In a nutshell, the FBI was acting as an attack dog for the Hillary campaign in order to dig up dirt to discredit the Trump campaign.

This is almost surely the ‘insurance policy’ Strzok and Page discussed via text message.

Here’s more from Daily Caller…

The FBI relied heavily on the dubious Steele dossier, as well as a Yahoo! News article based on the salacious document, to obtain a surveillance warrant against a Trump campaign adviser prior to the 2016 election, according to an explosive but controversial memo approved for release by the White House on Friday.

The memo, which was crafted by House Republicans, also says that the FBI’s deputy director, Andrew McCabe, told Congress that a FISA warrant against the campaign adviser, Carter Page, would not have been granted without use of the dossier. That despite the FBI later determining that very little of the Democrat-funded document was corroborated.

And in another stunning revelation, the memo asserts that Justice Department official Bruce Ohr was used to pass information from the author of the dossier, Christopher Steele, to the DOJ.

Ohr’s wife, Nellie Ohr, worked at the time for Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm research firm that commissioned the dossier. Bruce Ohr, who worked closely with Deputy Attorney Generals Sally Yates and Rod Rosenstein, passed his wife’s opposition research on Trump to the FBI, the memo says.

Read More...

Big govt, Politics

Nancy Pelosi Blasts Memo Release in Letter to Speaker

Sources are now reporting the White House has given an official green light on the declassification of certain details in the House FISA memo and that it will be released Friday morning.

And it’s now fairly clear the Democrats’ and the FBI’s objections are being ignored and for good reason.

SanFran Nancy Pelosi sent a last-minute scathing letter to Speaker Ryan essentially demanding that the GOP’s ‘cover-up campaign’ using a ‘bogus memo’ should be ended because it’s ‘reckless’.

Someone should remind Pelosi that the FBI couldn’t refute the details in the memo upon reviewing it in which the actual cover-up campaign concerned their own agents.

If there’s anything at all reckless about this fiasco, it’s the suggestion that the American people don’t have a right to see it.

Carry on, Chairman Nunes!

Here’s more from BizPacReview…

The wait for the release of the highly controversial top-secret FISA memo could finally be over.

Fox News Chief White House correspondent said President Trump will declassify the memo for release Friday morning.

Democrats and the FBI have been objecting to the memo’s release. The final document that will be made public will reportedly include some technical redactions requested by the FBI.

A panicked FBI issued a statement saying it had “grave concerns” over the memo’s potential release. And Congressman Adam Schiff penned a late-night letter in an effort to block Republicans decision to let the American people see it.

Democrats appear to be a in a full blown panic with Intell Commitee Chairman Devin Nunes, who spear-headed the memo, in their crosshairs. Nancy Pelosi fired off a last-minute letter to Paul Ryan demanding that Nunes be removed from his position as chairman:

 

Read More...

Big govt, Politics

Bombshell: Sources Say McCabe Asked Agents to Edit Reports

On Monday it was leaked that Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe had been immediately removed after Director Christopher Wray viewed the damning House memo.

And now, according to investigative journalist Sara Carter — who’s quickly becoming a female Drudge — sources within the FBI have told her agents were asked by McCabe to edit their 302 forms.

A 302 is the form an agent fills out after interviewing a witness.

Could that be a reference to the 302 filled out after Hillary’s interview? Possibly.

And those sources also say officials are lining up at the FBI to ‘go after McCabe’.

What’s more, Pres. Trump reportedly remarked after the SOTU last night that he’s “100%” behind releasing the memo.

Buckle up, folks.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

Investigative journalist Sara Carter reported on Fox News last night that outgoing FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe may be in serious trouble if the information she had received from FBI sources proves to be true.

“I have been told tonight by a number of sources … that McCabe may have asked FBI agents to actually change their 302s,” Carter told host Sean Hannity.

The 302 form contains information from the notes an FBI agent takes during an interview of a subject. It is used by FBI agents to “report or summarize the interviews that they conduct.”

“So basically every time an FBI agent interviews a witness, they have to go back and file a report,” Carter explained.

Hannity pointed out that, if true, it would constitute a case of obstruction of justice, and Carter agreed. She said the matter was being investigated by FBI Inspector General Michael Horowitz.

“If this is true — and not just alleged — if this is true, McCabe will be fired,” Carter said. “They are considering firing him in the next few days. If this turns out to be true,” she added.

Read More...

Big govt, Politics

Trey Gowdy Drops Hints On What’s in the FISA Memo

Insiders on the Hill are speculating publicly that the push for the release of the House’s FISA memo could happen as early as this week.

Though the FBI is pressing to see the memo before the public gets a look at it. Which is precisely why it should be made public first.

And now Rep. Trey Gowdy is dropping not-so-subtle hints into what exactly is in that memo.

During an interview with Fox News this weekend, Gowdy teased that the memo reveals whether the infamous Trump dossier was vetted by the FBI, who paid for it, Chris Steele’s relationship with Hillary, and other details that will blow open the FBI collusion story.

Rest assured, this memo will get released soon, and it’s gonna be huge.

Here’s more from Daily Caller…

Lawmakers have been reluctant to discuss a classified four-page memo alleging that the FBI and Justice Department abused the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) in order to spy on Trump campaign associates, but South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy provided several clues on Sunday to what’s in the controversial document.

In an interview on “Fox News Sunday,” Gowdy posed several questions to host Chris Wallace and his viewers that hinted at the allegations in the memo, which could be released by the House Intelligence Committee as early as this week.

“If you think your viewers want to know whether or not the dossier was used in court proceedings, whether or not it was vetted before it was used, whether or not it’s ever been vetted — if you are interested in who paid for the dossier, if you are interested in Christopher Steele’s relationship with Hillary Clinton and the Democratic National Committee, then, yes, you will want the memo to come out,” Gowdy told Wallace.

“Do you want to know that the Democratic National Committee paid for material that was never vetted, that was included in a court proceeding?” he asked rhetorically.

Read more…

Read More...

Big govt, Politics

Report: Justice Dept Is Withholding Vast Majority of Texts

Congressional investigators are now revealing that they’ve only received about 15% of the 50,000 text messages between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

And that doesn’t include the newly recovered messages leading up to the appointment of Robert Mueller, which could potentially double the number of texts.

The FBI’s explanation? The rest of the texts were of a ‘personal nature’.

So the agency under investigation for corruption gets to say what’s relevant to the investigation?

That’s not gonna fly.

What’s more, these are only texts sent via government-issued phones.

But we know for a fact that Strzok and Page texted on personal phones as well.

Will investigators subpoena records from Apple? That could be an epic fight.

Here’s more from Washington Examiner…

The Justice Department has given Congress less than 15 percent of the texts between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page — and that is all Congress is likely to get, at least until department experts finish an effort to recover an unknown number of previously lost texts that were sent and received during a key five-month period during the Trump-Russia investigation.

There is much confusion over some basic facts of the Strzok-Page texts. How many are there? How many relate to the two most politically-charged investigations in years, the Trump-Russia probe and the Hillary Clinton email investigation? How many have been turned over to Congress? And how many are left to be turned over to Congress?

How many texts will be turned over? First, it’s not possible to know how many texts from the December 14, 2016 to May 17, 2017 time period will be recovered and turned over. But of the 50,000 the Justice Department already has in hand, officials say they have already turned over all they’re going to give to Congress.

That means Justice has decided to allow Congress to see just 4,000 to 7,000 of a total of 50,000 Strzok-Page texts — even the larger number is slightly less than 15 percent of the total number of texts the Justice Department has now. Why is that? Justice Department officials point to a January 19 letter from Assistant Attorney General Stephen Boyd to Capitol Hill investigators explaining which texts would and would not be turned over.

Read More...

Big govt, Politics

New FBI Text Revelations: Agents Went Easy on Hillary

As members of Congress continue combing through the exchanges in the newly discovered text messages between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, the web of collusion is weaved all the more.

Commenting on one of those exchanges was Rep. Trey Gowdy on Fox News late this week arguing that the ‘fix was in’ long before agents ever interviewed Hillary.

In one very telling exchange, Page warned Strzok: “One more thing: she might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear.”

Long after the FBI and DOJ knew they weren’t going to indict Hillary, they conducted a mock interview with kid gloves to ensure the exoneration plan remained intact.

Here’s more from Daily Caller…

Republican South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy appeared on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” Thursday to discuss newly revealed text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page that dealt with Hillary Clinton.

In one text released to the public, Page, in reference to Clinton, wrote to Strzok, “One more thing: she might be our next president. The last thing you need us going in there loaded for bear. You think she’s going to remember or care that it was more doj than fbi?”

Strzok responded, “I called Bill and relayed what we discussed. He agrees. I will email you and [redacted] same.

These messages were sent during the FBI investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server.

Speaking to Tucker, Gowdy said, “This, I think is the unvarnished truth of how they viewed both her, him and the investigation and how they wanted it to turn out. Keep in mind, Tucker, all of this is done before she was ever interviewed. So the fix was in. Unfortunately, before they even interviewed the target of the investigation.”

Read More...