International, Politics

Obama State Dept Refuses to Recognize Jerusalem Is In Israel

It may be true that President Trump has replaced the entire Obama team at all the agencies, but it’s equally true that eight years worth of Obama cronies are still at the helm of most of them. Especially at the State Department which has a long reputation for being uber-liberal already.

And now, on the heels of Trump’s announcement that the U.S. embassy to Israel will be moved to Jerusalem, senior State Department officials just can’t bring themselves to admit the simple fact that Jerusalem lies within the state of Israel, not Palestine (which incidentally isn’t a state at all).

It’s a sad state of affairs in which historical reality clearly has no home at the DOS.

Here’s more from Daily Wire…

In an incredible display of the State Department’s continuing decades-long hostility toward the State of Israel, spokesmen for the department demonstrated that they are not willing to give up the ghost of their anti-Israel actions on Friday, as they defied the implications of President Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem and would not affirm that even though Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, Jerusalem was in Israel.

The State Department, in its hatred for Israel, will not list on US passports that Jerusalem is in the State of Israel. As Daily Wire Editor-in-Chief Ben Shapiro pointed out on Fox News, his niece was born in Jerusalem; her passport only says Jerusalem, and does not mention Israel.

Read More...

International, Issues, Politics

Breaking: Supreme Court Allows Full Enforcement of Trump Travel Ban

After President Trump’s Muslim travel ban was thrice rejected by activist liberal judges, the Supreme Court has finally come to the rescue of sane, legitimate jurisprudence.

The lower court judges’ justification for the rejection of the ban was essentially this: despite the actual language of the legal order, court’s can divine into the order, from a former political candidate’s rhetoric, words and meaning that isn’t actually there.

In short, they argued this: Trump is an anti-Muslim bigot, no matter how legal his order may be. Dissenting on the decision were leftist fellow travelers Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor.

No surprise there.

Put another feather in Trump’s cap for court victories.

Here’s more from Redstate…

Three times this year imbecilic partisan judges struck down an executive order by President Trump restricting immigration from failed states and a state sponsor of terrorism. They used the novel theory that anything a candidate says on the campaign trail can be used in evidence despite existing law and the documentary evidence supporting the decision. We should probably be thankful that Trump wasn’t promising a chicken in every pot or if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. The last round of challenges resulted in this tortuous logic:

“A nationality-based travel ban against eight nations consisting of over 150 million people is unprecedented,” wrote Judge Theodore D. Chuang of the Federal District Court in Maryland. Citing statements from Mr. Trump, some made as a presidential candidate and some more recent, Judge Chuang found that the new proclamation was tainted by religious animus and most likely violated the Constitution’s prohibition of government establishment of religion.

Similarly, Judge Derrick K. Watson of the Federal District Court in Honolulu found that the September proclamation “suffers from precisely the same maladies as its predecessor,” adding that it “plainly discriminates based on nationality” in violation of federal law “and the founding principles of this nation.”

Continue reading…

Read More...

International

Wars & Rumors of War: US Families Urged to Evacuate South Korea

After last week’s latest ICBM test launch from North Korea which boasted a range reportedly long enough to reach DC, a warning is coming from a not-so-subtle voice.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, as a former Air Force Colonel, is considered among the foremost authorities in Congress on military matters, perhaps second only to John McCain.

Graham issued his warning to families of military service personnel currently stationed in South Korea to ‘get the heck out of Dodge’, so to speak.

With diplomatic remedies falling far short of a resolution, Kim Jong Un is increasingly leaving few options on the table for the Pentagon to pursue as an alternative to a preemptive military strike.

Should that come to pass, the proximity of Seoul, South Korea, to the many likely targets in the north could mean lots of collateral damage as Kim’s military would almost certainly respond with attacks on US allies. This may not end well, folks.

Here’s more from Express…

Families of US military should leave South Korea because war between America and Pyongyang is “getting close”, according to a senior US Senator and ex-Air Force Colonel.

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham has warned that the rising tensions between the the US and Kim Jong-un’s corrupt regime means preparations for war need to be taken.

The member of the Senate Armed Services Committee warned the US was “running out of time” to prepare itself for war when speaking on CBS yesterday.

He said: “I want the Pentagon to stop sending dependents and I think it’s now time to start moving American dependents out of South Korea.

“We’re getting close to a military conflict because North Korea is marching toward marrying up the technology of an ICBM with a nuclear weapon on top that can not only get to America, but deliver the weapon.

“We’re running out of time.”

Fears of war between the two countries hit a new high last week after the rogue state announced they had successfully tested a missile capable of targeting any part of the US equipped with a nuclear weapon.

The launch ended over 60 days of silence from North Korea’s missile programme after regular missile tests paused in September.

Read More...

International

Science Reinforces Faith: Jesus’ Grave Confirmed by Tests

The secular humanist left loves every opportunity available to explain away Judeo-Christian values, heritage, and culture.

Because, clearly, if God doesn’t exist, it’s a life of licentious laissez faire for everyone.

But, to borrow a phrase from Al Gore, truth oftentimes is inconvenient.

So it happens once again that science, via archeology, forensics, and history, has confirmed details surrounding the traditional site of Jesus’ grave, aka the Holy Sepulchre.

Recent tests run on the limestone and mortar inside the grave date back to early Roman times, consistent with the era in which Jesus was crucified.

Though, don’t stay up late hoping for a headline story from CNN.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

The recent renovations at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher have revealed that the traditional burial site of Jesus Christ does in fact date back to Roman times:

Over the centuries, Jerusalem’s Church of the Holy Sepulchre has suffered violent attacks, fires, and earthquakes. It was totally destroyed in 1009 and subsequently rebuilt, leading modern scholars to question whether it could possibly be the site identified as the burial place of Christ by a delegation sent from Rome some 17 centuries ago.

Now the results of scientific tests provided to National Geographic appear to confirm that the remains of a limestone cave enshrined within the church are remnants of the tomb located by the ancient Romans. Mortar sampled from between the original limestone surface of the tomb and a marble slab that covers it has been dated to around A.D. 345. According to historical accounts, the tomb was discovered by the Romans and enshrined around 326.

To Christians, this hardly comes as a surprise. The world’s oldest institution traces its unbroken lineage to Jesus of Nazareth, and the gates of Hell have so far not prevailed against it.

 

Read More...

International

War Prep: Trump to Formally Recognize Jerusalem As Capital

President Trump has been teasing his decision to move the US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem since the early days of his campaign.

But he’s since stalled on that promise.

In lieu of that decision, he’s reportedly going to announce on Tuesday a move to formally recognize Jerusalem as the official capital of Israel.

The problem is the Palestinians also claim Jerusalem.

And Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has already hinted at a violent reaction if Trump follows through.

Abbas warned, “The world will pay the price.”

Look for media leftists to begin piling on with the line of reasoning that Trump has utterly destroyed the peace process begun by President Clinton and continued by Obama.

Here’s more from Redstate…

As my colleague streiff reported, next week President Donald J Trump will announce the U.S, recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel as a way to offset delaying his campaign promise of moving the U.S. embassy there.

The Palestinians have warned the U.S. against recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel:

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas adviser Mahmoud Habash says Saturday if President Donald Trump were to do so it would amount to a “complete destruction of the peace process.”

Speaking in Abbas’ presence, Habash said “the world will pay the price” for any change in Jerusalem’s status.

The warning is being taken seriously. CNN reports that the State Department has been told to plan for potentially violent protests at U.S. embassies and consulates once the Trump administration announces it is moving the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem:

“We were told that this is definitely coming, and we need to be ready for it,” one official said.

President Trump could make the announcement as early as Tuesday.

Read More...

International

North Korea Test-Fires Longest ICBM Ever, Off Coast of Japan

President Trump interrupted his own White House press conference today to respond to reports that North Korea had delivered on its promise of yet another ballistic missile test.

Moments after the launch was confirmed, Trump remarked pithily, “I will only tell you that we will take care of it.”

We have no doubt he’ll back that up with decisive action, so this could be a very interesting week.

The missile is reportedly the longest duration launch to-date for Kim Jung Il’s crazed regime with a flight time of almost an hour with an estimated range that easily could reach Washington, DC.

Its vertical trajectory sent it splashing down into the Sea of Japan, just west of the Japanese coast, which has Prime Minister Abe, shall we say, a tad nervous and calling for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.

We’re thinking the time for diplomacy and sanctions has come to an end…mainly because they’re not working.

Clearly.

Here’s more from The Guardian…

North Korea has conducted a night test of a long-range ballistic missile which landed off the coast of Japan, triggering a South Korea test-launch in response and bringing a return to high tension to the region after a lull of more than two months.

The Pentagon issued a statement saying that the weapon tested was an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). Initial reports from Seoul suggested that it came from a mobile launcher, and was fired at about 3am local time.

The missile was reported to have flown for 50 minutes, on a very high trajectory reaching 4,500 km above the earth (more than ten times higher than the orbit of Nasa’s International Space Station) before coming down nearly 1,000 km from the launch site off the west coast of Japan.

This would make it the most powerful of the three ICBM’s North Korea has tested so far.

Shinzo Abe, Japan’s prime minister, condemned the missile launch as a “violent act” that “can never be tolerated” and called for an emergency meeting of the UN security council.

Read More...

International, War on Terror

Trump Renews Calls for Travel Ban, Wall After Egypt Attack

The death toll in yesterday’s church bombing has risen to at least 235 in what quickly became the most deadly attack in Egypt’s modern history.

Though no group has claimed responsibility yet, it is believed the attack was staged by a radical group in association with ISIS.

The attack culminated in the detonation of a bomb within a packed mosque followed by militants gunning down worshipers as they fled the building.

President Trump quickly condemned the attack and reiterated his commitment to pushing through on a travel ban for countries that host radical terror groups along with finishing the border wall to stem the tide of illegal immigration.

Indeed. This isn’t rocket science, folks.

Here’s more from Washington Examiner…

President Trump renewed his call for travel restrictions affecting foreign citizens after the mass-murder of Sufi mosque-goers in Egypt.

The attack during Friday prayers killed at least 235 adherents of the Muslim minority group.

“Will be calling the President of Egypt in a short while to discuss the tragic terrorist attack, with so much loss of life,” Trump tweeted after the death count spiked.

“We have to get TOUGHER AND SMARTER than ever before, and we will. Need the WALL, need the BAN! God bless the people of Egypt,” Trump wrote.

As a candidate, Trump in 2015 first called for a travel ban to protect against Islamic terrorism after the San Bernardino, Calif., slaughter of 14 people at a company holiday party.

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what the hell is going on,” Trump said, after U.S.-born citizen Rizwan Farook and his Pakistan-born wife committed the killings.

Read More...

International

Iran Sends Naval Warships to the Gulf of Mexico

In the same week Israel indicated to the Sunni Muslim government of Saudi Aradia that it would be willing to collaborate to defeat the radical Shia regime in Iran, that same Iranian regime escalated tensions in the Middle East.

Until now, very few non-western powers dared to project their naval power outside their own sphere of influence.

Sending naval fleets on patrol around the globe has largely been the province of NATO powers, otherwise known as the US Navy.

But Iran made a very public display this week of its decision to send its navy on ‘visits’ to destinations in the Gulf of Mexico and in South America.

It’s a direct challenge to the two-century-old Monroe Doctrine, which was challenged last by the Russians during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

This won’t sit well with the Trump administration.

Look for some strong rhetoric and/or tweets from the CIC.

Here’s more from Newsweek…

Iranian warships are set to leave the waters of the Persian Gulf to sail across the world and tour another gulf—the one that lies between the U.S. and Mexico.

At a time when Iran is looking to expand and modernize its military in the face of what is seen as a growing U.S. threat, its newly appointed navy commander, Rear Admiral Hossein Khanzadi, held his first press conference Wednesday, announcing that a fleet of Iranian ships would soon depart for the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico en route to visits to a number of South American countries, Iran’s semiofficial Tasnim News Agency reported. The move is reportedly part of a push to project Iran’s military on a more global scale and establish international ties as President Donald Trump and his allies, including Israel and Saudi Arabia, seek to isolate the revolutionary Shiite Muslim power.

“Sailing in open waters between Europe and Americas should be the navy’s goal, which will be realized in the near future,” Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, who served as navy chief for 10 years before being assigned by supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei to deputy coordinator of the army, said earlier this month at his successor’s ceremony, according to the Tasnim News Agency and translated by Caspian News.

Read More...

International

Mattis: Military Buying Time for Diplomats to Resolve N. Korea

Secretary of Defense James Mattis revealed to the press this weekend for the first time exactly what the intent is behind the President’s order to send increasingly more naval forces off the shores of North Korea.

In a phrase: delay and deter.

Mattis explained that the overwhelming weight of American forces in the region is meant to put downward pressure on a regime that only responds to force.

However, his hope is that that show of force will deter him from further aggressive action while diplomats attempt to work things out.

The trouble with that line of thinking is that Kim Jong Un doesn’t understand diplomacy.

He’s a mass murderer who has assassinated his own family members and killed his own people.

Logic cannot prevail upon this man.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

Defense Secretary James Mattis told reporters that hanging the military option over North Korea’s head is a way to “buy time” for diplomats to solve the crisis without war.

In August, National Security Advisor Gen. H.R. McMaster asked how the “classical deterrence theory” would “apply to a regime like the regime in North Korea.”

“A regime that engages in unspeakable brutality against its own people? A regime that poses a continuous threat to its neighbors in the region and now may pose a threat, direct threat, to the United States with weapons of mass destruction? A regime that imprisons and murders anyone who seems to oppose that regime, including members of his own family, using sarin nerve gas in a public airport?” McMaster told ABC News. “…The most effective way of preserving peace is to be prepared for war.”

En route to Colorado Springs on Thursday, Mattis was asked if he agreed with McMaster that North Korea may not be deterrable.

“I think that is a question on a lot of people’s minds right now. Are they deterrable, are they not deterrable?” the Defense secretary replied. “And I think what that we have to do is try deal with the protection, defense of our country and our allies, and that’s where I stay focused right now.”

Read More...

International, Politics

Bin Laden Docs Show Obama Misled Voters on Al Qaeda

This will be really difficult news for our conservative readers to believe, so hold on to your hats: President Barack H. Obama lied to the American people.

We’ll give you a quick minute to regain your composure. Okay, break’s over.

You might recall during the 2012 re-election campaign, Obama continually argued that Al Qaeda was being ‘decimated’.

But there’s one problem: it wasn’t at all true. Newly-released documents from bin Laden’s hideout in Pakistan reveal that in fact Al Qaeda was far from being decimated.

The organization was actually growing at a fairly fast pace.

What’s worse is it was this rhetoric that he used to justify pulling troops out of Iraq, which then the takeover by ISIS.

Here’s more from PJ Media…

“Bin Laden is dead and GM is alive” was a favorite mantra of the Obama campaign during the 2012 election. The implication was that al-Qaeda was “decimated,” as President Obama said several times.

But the recent release of documents taken from Osama bin Laden’s Abbottabad hideout shows that al-Qaeda, far from being “decimated,” was, in fact, growing even stronger.

The information was deliberately withheld from the American people by President Obama, who released just a few pages of documents in May of 2012, carefully selected to jibe with the administration’s narrative on al-Qaeda.

The only thing really surprising here is the lengths to which Obama went to justify pulling troops from Iraq — that he would risk so much just to please his liberal base. Intelligence in this case was cynically manipulated to paint a false picture of American security.

Read More...