Last week we reported that Sean Hannity, the last man standing in the Fox News shake-up following Bill O’Reilly’s ouster, teased via Twitter the possibility of leaving Fox as well.
But during his broadcast immediately afterward, he said he’d remain in his contract for “as long as Fox seems to want me.”
But that may have become evident sooner than he anticipated after they failed to back him up in the Media Matters lynching of his advertisers.
Now a report from close friends is that he’s gone off the radar and isn’t responding to anyone during his “extended holiday vacation.”
Fox isn’t denying any of this either.
Which means come next week, the Fox News we’ve come to know over the last nearly two decades could come to a final end.
We’ll keep you posted.
Here’s more from the Blaze…
Fox News host Sean Hannity has reportedly gone “underground” while he mulls over a departure from his longtime employer, Fox News.
According to the Independent Journal Review, which first reported the news late Friday, Hannity is “actively considering” whether or not he will return to Fox News next week following an abrupt announcement from the network that he was taking an extended Memorial Day weekend vacation.
Speculation ran amok following the vacation announcement amid controversy over Hannity’s promotion of conspiracy theories suggesting links between murdered DNC staff Seth Rich and WikiLeaks, which dumped hundreds of thousands of documents that proved harmful to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign last year.
Hannity’s promotion of the conspiracies at the behest of Rich’s family has led to some companies to pull their advertisements from Hannity’s Fox News show.
Fox denied that Hannity was facing a similar fate as former network star Bill O’Reilly, who was ousted from the company last month while he, too, was on vacation. In response to the speculation, Fox said Hannity would return to his show on Tuesday and dismissed any claims otherwise.
Still, according to IJR, Hannity is considering departing the network he has called home for nearly two decades — and has stopped communicating on social media and with friends while he considers his future.
“He has stopped answering his phone, and communicating even with his close friends,” a “well-placed” source told IJR, adding that Hannity has temporarily vowed to stay off social media.
Indeed, Hannity, who is a very frequent Twitter user, last tweeted Thursday afternoon. In the ominous tweet, Hannity thanked his loyal viewers for their support.
“Also I want to humbly thank all of you for the support you have shown me And I promise I will NEVER EVER Stop seeking and speaking the truth,” the conservative pundit wrote.